Creative Zen V Plus 2 GB  » Electronics  »
  • Overall, I don't think you can do much better for the price

• by Jennifer Kro

I’ve owned my Creative Zen for approximately 2 months now with average use of about 50 hours per week. The main reason I chose this model was price along with subscription music compatibility. I was a little bit nervous about buying one of the cheapest models out there, but, so far this little player has really proven itself.

I work a warehouse job as a stocker, so the player ends up dropped,

banged and covered in moisture pretty much every day. Even so, I’ve never had it completely quit on me.

That being said, it does have some funny quirks. For instance, it tends to freeze up when the alarm clock goes off.

That may have had something to do with the memory being filled to capacity. I deleted a few songs off it and now the alarm clock sounds without freezing up the ...

• player.

Even so, a freeze is easy to correct by sticking a paperclip in the reset hole. It takes a couple of minutes to rebuild your library so you can start listening again, but, a minor inconvenience to me.

It also can be funny about powering on, you have to hold the slider switch down till it starts up, but, sometimes it will shut right off without completing the power up. It

normally takes a couple tries to get it on, but, once it starts up it’s good to go for about 10 hours of constant play.

Overall, I don’t think you can do much better for the price. The display is nice and bright, the player is easy to use and sturdy.

This is a great choice for someone that wants a player to take to the gym or work and not worry about breaking.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161405353741231/k2311a0514/5.14.08