A Time To Kill by John Grisham  » Books  »
  • I should admit that this is a real life experience to several people
  • This great novel was also produced as a movie, however I still recommend you to read the book rather than watch the film

• by janet

A Time to Kill is another famous novel by John Grisham. I should admit that this is a real life experience to several people. John makes me wonder about what would I have done should the same circumstances happened to me.

Carl Lee Hailey is living peacefully in Clanton. He is a black

man and had a nice family and a ten year old girl. Two young white men rape his child while returning from a nearby grocer. Clanton’s people got afraid and want to find the rapists.

The white men are found and are taken to the court. Carl Lee decides to implement his own ...

• law and kills them. The main question is, what will you do if someone does something similar to your daughter? John Grisham creates this scenario for us with all the questions, white, black, killing, forgiveness, etc.

Jake Brigance is a white lawyer in Clanton and is hired by Carl Lee. We will see

what people from outside Clanton are doing, some supporting Carl Lee, others destroying and intimidating him and his lawyer.

The ending of this book is something I expected, but something I wanted to hear. This great novel was also produced as a movie, however I still recommend you to read the book rather than watch the film.

A Time To Kill by John Grisham
    Azriel says :

I read this book too and has also watched the film. The story is quite a common reaction of a father who took justice into his own hands as he knew it probably won’t be served to his family given that he belonged to the oppressed due to racial discrimination. As you said the end was pretty predicatable but it is the whole experience of reading the story and the emotions you would feel as well that would make reading this book worthwhile.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171305353511031/k2311a0513/5.13.08