Richard Childress Vineyards Peach Salsa  » Food  »
  • The best of the best was their peach salsa
  • I really love the sweetness of the peaches, mixed with the spicy sharpness of the tomatoes and peppers
  • I finished the entire jar the day after I bought it, and I already look forward to my next trip south so I can buy a few more jars
  • If you are ever in Welcome, North Carolina or anywhere near that part of the state, I highly recommend stopping by the Childress Vineyards and picking up at least one jar of their peach salsa

• by Jenn Eblin

When I took a recent trip to North Carolina, I stopped by the Childress Vineyards and picked up a few of their products made with local ingredients. The best of the best was their peach salsa. I have tried some of their other salsa types, but this one is without a doubt the best. On a previous trip down there, I picked up a few jars of their black bean salsa. That was excellent, but this completely blows that out of the water.

I really love the sweetness of the peaches, mixed with the spicy sharpness of the tomatoes and peppers. It really does taste homemade, and I could taste every single one of the ingredients. The peaches were so good that I ended up picking out some of the larger pieces, and eating them all alone. The only downside is that you occasionally end up with a large chunk of jalapeno pepper or one of the other vegetables. Trust me, when you’re eating a jar of peaches, the

last thing you want is a large hunk of pepper.

The only reason I could not give this a solid 10 was because of the price and the location. It is a little hard for me to pick up a jar whenever I get a craving. Though they do let you special order it from their website, shipping is pretty high. Add that to its $6 retail price for a little jar, and it is not the best value.

I still have to say that I absolutely love this stuff. I finished the entire jar the day after I bought it, and I already look forward to my next trip south so I can buy a few more jars. Next time I will know to eat it slower! I plan on going back to the vineyards when I take a trip to a race in a few weeks and I plan on stocking up on this salsa. I’ve had peach salsa before, but nothing compares to this. They ...

• also make an apple salsa with apples grown and harvested in the south. I plan on trying that one the next time I’m down there, but I can’t imagine that it comes anywhere close to this one.

If you are ever in Welcome, North Carolina or anywhere near that part of the state, I highly recommend stopping by the Childress Vineyards and picking up at least one jar of their peach salsa. The taste is out of this world!

ParagraphDivider

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271205353120831/k2311a0512/5.12.08