Gabriel  » Movies  »
  • I think, it's also unique because in a way, you don't see angels here with wings, with flying stuff and with striking auras reflecting their holiness

• by o0oshirahimeo0o

I’ve first known of the movie Gabriel after I saw my aunt watching it. I asked her what’s the movie she’s watching and what is it all about. Since she was not accustomed to telling tales, she answered me directly with, “The angel Gabriel of course.

” Gabriel is an Australian movie with a simple theme: good vs. evil, angels vs.

demons. Though, the movie itself

isn’t as simple as it seems.

Purgatory, where unclaimed souls exist, was overruled by “fallen angels”. The angels, or referred to as Arcs in the movie, were sent in there to overcome this tyranny as well as to bring balance.

The actors made a good job in bringing their characters into life, each completely unique. The scenery was as well great.

It’s somehow like Gotham ...

• city but a bit like, well, purgatory. I think, it’s also unique because in a way, you don’t see angels here with wings, with flying stuff and with striking auras reflecting their holiness.

You can neither see demons with horns and ugly faces who throws balls of fire. Instead, they use knives, guns and steel tubes as weapons.

The action was also good although I

think that some demons were killed just that easy. The story was simple, Gabriel, being the only hope of bringing light to the place, must defeat the fallen.

I think, what makes it stand out is the emphasis on being human: emotions, evilness, fear, hate and most especially, free will and our closeness to the Grace. Overall, it’s a great movie both for the eyes and for the spirit.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111205352560431/k2311a0512/5.12.08