Westin Hotel Frisco TX  » Hotels  »
1549 Legacy Dr. Frisco, Texas
  • This hotel is gorgeous and I would recommend it to anyone who needs to stay near, but not in, Dallas
  • I was impressed with this brand new Westin the moment we arrived
  • We especially enjoyed the lobby bar and restaurant
  • I was happy to see LOTS of big shade umbrellas as Texas sun can be scorching

• by Madison Parker

I continue my love affair with the Westin Hotels after a stay in Frisco, Texas. This hotel is gorgeous and I would recommend it to anyone who needs to stay near, but not in, Dallas. The drive from Dallas is about 30 minutes but could take an hour in traffic. The area north of Dallas is very nice. The Stonebriar area is especially nice with beautiful homes, a lovely golf course and a shopping mall to die for.

There is very little to do in Downtown Dallas, so this makes Stonebriar even more attractive. Since the weather is a bit unpredictable in this part of Texas, when laying by the pool isn’t appropriate, there’s always the Stonebriar Mall for entertainment.

I was impressed with this brand new Westin the moment we arrived. Although several convention groups were checking in, we were checked-in quickly. The lobby decor is welcoming and beautiful with mauve tile floors and dark wood tones. The staff of this hotel is friendly and helpful, always willing to do whatever is necessary to make

your stay pleasant. After the first day, they recognized us and said “hello” whenever we crossed the lobby.

We especially enjoyed the lobby bar and restaurant. With warm Texas bartenders and wait staff and wonderful food, this lounge was so nice that we rarely went out for dinner or lunch. Why drive out to another restaurant when the one right in the hotel was excellent.

The lobby bar also serves an excellent by-the-glass menu of wines which, for wine-only persons such as myself, was quite welcoming.

I especially felt that the warm decor of the bar/restaurant helped make the room even more attractive and comfy. Decor reminded me of what I might see as the library or drawing room in a country plantation. Conversation areas were set up for groups to spend time together, made up of comfortable leather sofas and comfortable high-back, upholstered chairs. We felt very at home here.

Our room was especially nice. As usual, the “heaven bed” was, well, heavenly! No backaches here, which is quite important to me! We had only a Standard King ...

• room, but it did have a nice couch, flat screen TV, coffee table and desk as well as WI FI with a charge. I loved that the room had a nice little refrigerator with NOTHING in it. I would much rather not have to empty the fridge before I put in my own drinks or food. When staying 6 nights, as we did, we really made use of the refrigerator.

Our plans included tickets to the Kenny Chesney Poets and Pirates tour with LeeAnn Rimes and Brooks & Dunn at nearby Pizza Hut park. This is a wonderful, venue for a concert and I would recommend the Westin Stonebriar if a concert at this stadium is part of your itinerary. The nice Westin concierge arranged for a cab to the stadium and there were plenty of cabs outside the Arena. So much better than driving, especially if you plan to enjoy some alcohol beverages at the concert.

We enjoyed several days out in the pool area. The pool is gorgeous and features a large area on shallow water for

those who want to just take a dip or for children. We also made use to the little restaurant by the pool but you can have food and beverages delivered to the pool if the pool side bar is closed. I was happy to see LOTS of big shade umbrellas as Texas sun can be scorching.

The only thing missing at the Stonebriar Westin is a breakfast spot. Only a small coffee room is open in the morning with a real lack of pastries. However, two large grocery stores are nearby where we bought fruit and muffins and, voila, no need for a big breakfast. The Westin does have a shuttle so that even if you don’t have a car, you can be taken and picked up nearby, especially to restaurants and the Stonebriar Mall. Loved this free service and used it often. When it was raining we especially loved the shuttle; the driver dropped us off and picked us up right at the mall door. No wet and soggy shopping for me!

I would recommend this Westin, I thoroughly enjoyed it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 21005352351131/k2311a0510/5.10.08