A Christmas Carol 1999 movie
1.5
  • A Christmas Carol, 1999, starring Patrick Stewart, has left me disappointed
  • I love the story, and I thought Stewart could make a good Scrooge, but his performance had not touched me at all
  • The supporting cast is all right, and the ghosts are well-done, (except for the one of the Christmas Yet To Come who has red eyes - an unnecessary addition, in my opinion), but Scrooge just isn't convincing

• by Lorianna
      A Christmas Carol, 1999, starring Patrick Stewart, has left me disappointed. I love the story, and I thought Stewart could make a good Scrooge, but his performance had not touched me at all.

The movie followed the book closely enough.

Scrooge, a lonely, hard-hearted businessman, hates

Christmas because he never saw any good in it.

As everyone is getting ready to celebrate, Scrooge is more mean-spirited than ever.

He slights his clerk and refuses his nephew’s invitation to the Christmas dinner, determined to ignore Christmas altogether yet again, as he has done ...

• for many years.

As he comes home that night, he receives four ghostly visitors, beginning with the ghost of Marley, his dead partner.

The ghosts of Christmas Past, Christmas Present, and Christmas Yet To Come follow, each one taking Scrooge on a journey and showing him

scenes from his life and the lives of others.

The supporting cast is all right, and the ghosts are well-done, (except for the one of the Christmas Yet To Come who has red eyes - an unnecessary addition, in my opinion), but Scrooge just isn’t convincing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1170235160228/k2311a027/2.7.06