Presario V6000
2.0
  • Now that I've had it for around a year and half I've noticed serious problems

• by Wesley De Jesus

I was given a Presario v6000 for Christmas and at first couldn’t be happier. It came preloaded with Windows Media Edition and looked sleek. The screen is a bright LCD screen and looks great at night. It comes with loud speakers and a good touchpad as well as

a well designed keyboard.

The specs are

“the 6.5-pound Compaq Presario V6000 offers a choice of either an AMD Sempron or a Turion 64 X2 processor at speeds from 1.6GHz to 1.8GHz; up to 2GB of 533MHz or 667MHz RAM; 5,400rpm hard drives in capacities from 60GB to 120GB; and an integrated Nvidia GeForce Go 6150 video card. Like the Pavilion dv6000, the Presario V6000 features a 15.4-inch wide-screen display with a native resolution of 1,280×800.”

Now that I’ve had it for around a year and half I’ve noticed serious problems. The main problem is the fan.

• Presario V6000
      It is louder than most desktops and makes the laptop embarrassing to take out. I was recently in the hospital after having surgery and took out my v6000 and turned it off after a few minutes of use due to the fact that I didn’t want to disturb
      other patients with it being so loud. Another problem is the sound card. There is no mic boost function so when using a microphone it will create a loud and obnoxious buzzing.

My opinion is to keep shopping. This laptop is not good for public settings or VOIP services.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 19905351290231/k2311a059/5.9.08