Across the Universe
  • Of the movies I've seen in the past year, this one ranks at or very near the top of the movies I liked the best

• by Steve

I’m a huge fan of Beatles music. So, when I heard there was a musical that was based on their songs, I had to watch it. I wasn’t disappointed.

Across the Universe is a great film. It mixes a love story with fantastic song numbers while managing to send a message about the value of peace

and love.

My wife and I were absolutely mesmorized watching this film. I don’t know what I liked best, the actual plot or just the music but there was enough to keep me from running to the bathroom or going into the kitchen to make popcorn; something that normally happens when we watch other DVDs. Even ...

• our daughter, who never watches movies with us, wound up on the couch in front of the TV.

The only thing I didn’t like were the weird scenes that involved everything from a circus to obvious drug references. These, at times, really made no sense and could have been cut out of the film without the

viewer missing anything.

Of the movies I’ve seen in the past year, this one ranks at or very near the top of the movies I liked the best. I would recommend this to anyone; whether they grew up with the Beatles or they are just looking for something that is a bit different than your average movie.

Across the Universe

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11805350770231/k2311a058/5.8.08