Sin City Spoke To My Soul  » Movies  »
2.5
movies
  • The best character has to be Elijah Woods' oddball who doesn't say a word and seems to have cat-like agility and nails

• by SpliffyZ
      It’s rare that I watch a movie and actually develop an opinion about it or respond emotionally to it. Well, I saw Sin City a few days ago and I am totally ambivalent towards it. I’ll say right now that it gets a 5, and here’s why: the action is of course stellar, and the

comic-book-brought-to-life style far surpasses Spiderman or anything like it.

This movie wants you to think you are actually in the comic book. It’s full of thought bubbles, strange comic angles and hard black lines.

I had no idea people could kill each other so profusely without blinking, even in the movies. The best character has to be Elijah Woods’ oddball who doesn’t say a word and seems to have cat-like agility and nails.

But yes, it’s true, as all of us know: killing can get totally boring. And so it does.

And you know what else gets boring? The structure. Three vignettes that get tied ...

• Sin City Spoke To My Soul
      together in the end with more loose ends than a sweater made from my own chest hair.

So it’s an awesome piece of eye-candy and comic book gore. If you’re the kind of person that subsists on it, then go right ahead.

But if you know that two hours of blood will leave you

questioning what the hell you’re doing with your life, you should stay away. Don’t let the Quentin Tarantino thing fool you either–if you’ve seen Kill Bill, you’ve seen stylized violence.

This version of it is black and white, mostly. So there you go Sin City, a not-quite redemptive 5.

Please note that I’m not a movie critic.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2005. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 118093500430/k2311a098/9.8.05