Into the Wild (R, 2007) movie  » Movies  »
  • He disappointed them by telling him that he didn't want a new thing ---a new anything
  • But I thought he was going too far by cutting up his bank cards, social security card, and burning his money
  • Again, I think that many people will relate to what he was feeling
  • I really enjoyed this movie more than I thought I would

• by Famous

This was one of the most touching films I have ever seen. But I will admit that while watching most of it, I thought: “Is this guy a dumb azz?” I am only saying this because despite his contempt for materialism, he seemed completely unprepared for life. Backing up, this movie is based on a true story which outlines the new life that Christopher Johnson McCandless carved out for himself upon graduating from Emory University in 1990.

His parents assumed that they could buy him a new car to help him start his new successful life. He disappointed them by

telling him that he didn’t want a new “thing”—a new “anything.

” I understand what he meant. But I thought he was going too far by cutting up his bank cards, social security card, and burning his money.

He went through lots of trials and tribulations in his travels. But he also met some really nice and giving people.

All in all, he was a good man, despite being a little disillusioned. While watching this film, it was later revealed that he and his sister were bastard children as his father was still married to another woman.

...

• There was a lot of tension and unhappiness in his household, from which he also was trying to escape. Again, I think that many people will relate to what he was feeling.

But the extremes that he went to to prove a point to himself and his family seem so unnecessary. This young man died at age 24, in an abandoned bus that he was using as shelter.

His death certificate indicates starvation, though some believe that he was also poisoned by some of the plants he ate. It doesn’t really matter, because this guy failed to get the proper tools and

instructions he needed to navigate the terrain.

Had he done so, he would have realized that there was a pretty quick and easy way down the mountain to help. The movie “Into the Wild” was directed by Sean Penn and has an incredible cast, featuring Emile Hirsch, William Hurt, Marcia Gay Harden, Jena Malone, Vince Vaughn, Hal Holbrook, and Kristen Stewart, amongst others.

I really enjoyed this movie more than I thought I would. It was superbly filmed and edited.

Kudos. I wish more people would have seen it instead of all that Hollywood crap that’s coming out these days.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11805349921231/k2311a058/5.8.08