UV Apartments Adelaide  » Real estate  »
23, King William Street, Adelaide, 5000 South Australia
  • One disadvantage of the apartment on my part is the cost
  • Overall, after weighing the pros and cons, I decided to stay in the apartment for another term
  • If money or spaciousness are not of priority to you but convenience is, then this is definitely the accommodation of choice for you if you are planning to come to Adelaide as a student

• by Gerald Lian

Since coming to Adelaide, Australia in the beginning of 2007 for my tertiary studies, I have been staying in UV Apartments, a student accommodation right in the heart of the city. The main feature of this apartment that struck me when I moved in is its hotel-style layout. This makes me feel as if I’m staying in a luxurious hotel.

This apartment originally was a bank, and considering the renovation to convert it to a student accomodation completed in 2006, this apartment is rather new and this

gives it a rather “fresh” outlook and appearance. One major advantage that made me stay in this apartment till now is its ideal geographical location.

Travelling to the three major university campuses in the city takes less than 15 minutes by foot. In addition, with a tram station right in front of the apartment, going to the market (Central Market) or the beach (Glenelg beach) has never been easier.

Major shopping centres such as Coles, Woolworths, Myer, Target, David Jones and a whole lot more are also ...

• within walking distance from the apartment. Another advantage that is very attractive to me is the existence of a common room and laundry service at the basement of the apartment.

The common room is one of my favorite places to relax, equipped with comfy sofas and a 42-inch flat screen TV with built-in DVD player. The laundry service eliminates all the hassle of having to wash my clothes and as a student, I can hardly find the time for that.

One disadvantage of the apartment on my

part is the cost. An apartment unit is slightly more expensive than many other accommodation closer to the suburbs, at approximately AUD150+.

Besides, the apartment unit is very small with not much space to move around. Overall, after weighing the pros and cons, I decided to stay in the apartment for another term.

If money or spaciousness are not of priority to you but convenience is, then this is definitely the accommodation of choice for you if you are planning to come to Adelaide as a student.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 62805349621231/k2311a058/5.8.08