fuse.tv (magazine ad)  » Media  »
  • I know that when MTV debuted in the 80's it was all about showing videos

• by Famous

I must really really be behind the curve where it regards cable television stations and pop culture in general. I ran across this ad for fuse. tv and I really got confused as to what it was.

Shown in the ad is a large close-up of a little girl who’s watching

tv, wide-eyed, and with her hand covering her mouth. She’s made to look as if she’s pretty prim and proper.

So I would imagine that whatever she sees is pretty shocking. That’s when I realized that the ad is for a cable channel that shows videos.

It premiered last year sometime - but the ad doesn’t really say much about what the station is, exactly. I suppose this is the type of advertising that you do when you’re trying to be mysterious and capture the attention of your audience.

To tell the truth, once I did some ...

• fuse.tv (magazine ad)
      research about this particular channel, I really didn’t see how it was much different than any other channel on cable. I know that when MTV debuted in the 80’s it was all about showing videos.

But now these “music” channels show more reality tv garbage than actual music. I

am thinking that they should actually stop calling it MTV and call it GTV (for Garbage TV).

That may be a little harsh. I have yet to actually tune into fuse.

tv. But it seems like this channel is actually focused on music and not on the extracurricular crud that accompanies all the non-music.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 39605349191031/k2311a056/5.6.08