Diamond Rings: Tiffany Classic  » Jewelry  »
  • Until June last year, I had no idea what I wanted in my engagement ring

• by honeyhoozle82

Until June last year, I had no idea what I wanted in my engagement ring. Then my boyfriend took out a tiffany’s box and I saw the most perfect ring: a half carat diamond in a classic Tiffany’s setting. It was gorgeous.

A lot of people think of diamonds purely in terms of carat size, but this can be very misleading. Its just as important to pay attention to

three other ‘Cs’: color, clarity, cut.

Color - the more colorless, the better.

Clarity - the fewer intrusions, the better.

Cut - the more talented the craftsman, the better.

A half carat diamond that is nearly colorless with very slight inclusions can be worth far more than a stone twice its size.

The ring my fiance bought me is a half carat, but its also nearly colourless and ...

• has only very slight inclusions. The difference between this and less valuable diamonds is very apparent, even to the amateur. The stone is almost white in its brilliance and really catches the eye. I’d never really been a fan of diamonds before, because they never truly sparkled, but this one radiates light. Its natural beauty is also enhanced by the platinum band and Tiffany setting, which are delicate
        and stylish at once.

If I were a man and going to buy an engagement ring, I’d buy from Tiffany’s if I could afford it. They’ll give you lots of advice about choosing the most beautiful ring. The quality of ring and stone will be very high and their after service is impeccable. I’ve had mine resized twice, completely free, and they’ll clean it for you while you wait whenever you want.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 45605348730931/k2311a056/5.6.08