Baby Mama  » Movies  »
  • Its rated PG-13, first of all, and I've noticed that most PG-13 movies these days are geared towards the youngsters who are limited to that rating
  • A movie that I thought would be rather slapstick turned out to be a thought-provoking movie about what makes a family, as people from very different backgrounds, with conflicting personalities and beliefs, find themselves having to get along in order to bring a new life into the world

• by Nicki Mann

I was a little wary of seeing the movie “Baby Mama. ” Its rated PG-13, first of all, and I’ve noticed that most PG-13 movies these days are geared towards the youngsters who are limited to that rating. Second of all, the topic itself… the concept of a hopeful mother who hires a surrogate to carry her baby… seemed like something

that could easily turn out to be cheesy and distasteful. However, I did go to see it, and I have to say, I was very surprised and pleased with the movie! It was one of the greatest, and funniest, movies, I’ve seen in a long time!

The topic of the movie is actually handled very tastefully and realistically. Both of ...

• the main characters… the hopeful mother and the surrogate… were likeable characters. A movie that I thought would be rather slapstick turned out to be a thought-provoking movie about what makes a family, as people from very different backgrounds, with conflicting personalities and beliefs, find themselves having to get along in order to bring a new life into the world.
        /> It was also extremely funny! The funniest scenes really took me by surprise, almost as if the actors were making their lines up as they went along!

I won’t tell you the plot line and spoil it for you, but I will let you know that it won’t be what you expect! There are plenty of surprises here! This movie is definitely worth seeing.

Baby Mama

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11605348540931/k2311a056/5.6.08