Best Western East Towne Madison WI  » Hotels  »
Madison Wisconsin
  • My friends and I spent the weekend at the Best Western East Towne after going to the Horse Fair
  • The drain ran slow and I think it needed drain cleaner to be poured down or there was possibly hair stuck in it
  • It was very convenient and the food was good
  • I enjoyed staying at the hotel and would stay there again
  • The cost was a bid high, but it was worth it

• by amandafishy

My friends and I spent the weekend at the Best Western East Towne after going to the Horse Fair. The property is kind of hard to find. Since we first got to the hotel later on that evening, we didn’t know how to get to the hotel. Trying to find it at night is rather difficult. We finally got to to a side street and made it to the hotel, but if you are not familiar to the area it is not easy.

The front of the hotel is always parked full and we ended up parking in the back. It was close to our room so it wasn’t difficult to get our stuff in and out. When we checked in there were quite a few people up at the registration desk. We waited a bit, it wasn’t long. The desk was a fairly long desk, but because of Horse Fair the place was nuts. All the Madison hotels were full. The people at the registration desk

were friendly and try to make the best of a crazy situation. The lobby was large and during the Horse Fair rush there were a lot of people waiting around there.

The room was great. There was lots of room for 5 women. There were 2 women in each bed and space was at a premium. We found that if there are benches in the room it is a wonderful addition to a room if there are alot of people in it. That way you can put your suitcase on the bench and your shoes underneath. There were 2 of these benches in the room. There were 2 queen beds in the room and a sleeper sofa. It really fit the bill. Our bed was wonderful and we slept great!!!! The pillows were great and I slept like a log.

The walls were very plain and there was just a generic carpet in the room. The colors which were in the room were ...

• a plum and dark blue. It was great because we tracked in dirt and it didn’t look dirty. There was a armoire that that the TV in it. We had cable and the TV had lots of channels. There was a desk to to put more “stuff” on it - and we had it all filled with stuff. The room had a climate control and it worked really well we were always comfortable.

The bathroom left a bit to be desired. It was small and needed some fixing. You couldn’t have had more than 2 people in the bathroom without it busting at the seams. The sink counter was an adequate size and there was plenty of room for makeup and other toiletries. The shower was wonderful. It was easy to control and there was plenty of hot water and it had a wonderful strong spray. The caulking was coming off one side of the shower and needed to be fixed. The drain

ran slow and I think it needed drain cleaner to be poured down or there was possibly hair stuck in it. Anyway I did not like standing in water while I was trying to towel off. The hairdryer was nice, but the coffee maker was terrible. You could have stood and waited all day for the coffee maker to make 4 cups of coffee.

The buffet breakfast was the handiest thing. Every morning when we went down for breakfast it was a full meal. You had your choice of cereal, muffins, bread, scrambled eggs, french toast or waffles, sausages or ham, coffee, tea and 5 diffent kinds of juices. The breakfast opened at 6:30 am and we had a nice warm breakfast and off we went. It was very convenient and the food was good.

I enjoyed staying at the hotel and would stay there again. The place was clean and pleasant, we had everything and more than what we needed. The cost was a bid high, but it was worth it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2605348480831/k2311a056/5.6.08