Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story (UR, 2007) movie  » Movies  »
  • It's definitely a movie that you can wait until DVD release for

• by Famous

I waited until this movie came out on DVD to rent the Director’s Cut. I am so glad that I did. I knew that this movie would be funny simply because Judd Apatow (”The 40 Year-Old Virgin”) was at the helm.

Additionally, there is no way that a film starring John C. Reilly could not have some sort of

comedic substance.

I was right. I will say that I expected to laugh a bit harder than I did.

But the laughs were indeed substantial and warranted. Combining the parody of Ray Charles’, and Johnny Cash’s life stories, this movie took all sorts of creative liberties.

Good thing it did, because every one of them was hilarious.

• In any event, this movie follows Dewey throughout his life and career.

One thing that completely amazed me, was Reilly’s ability to transform himself into the age he was supposed to be on screen. I was flabbergasted by his ability to mimic certain mannerisms of an older gentleman.

But in the beginning of the film, you’re completely

convinced of the naivete he’s supposed to portray, even though you can see that he’s a big grown man. This was really a funny film that should remain in one’s collection.

It’s definitely a movie that you can wait until DVD release for. But there are lots of hidden layers of humor that people will pick up on and love.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11605348470831/k2311a056/5.6.08