3 Musketeers with Cherry and Dark Chocolate  » Food  »
0.5
  • I have to admit that I don't like cherry flavored things, and I really don't like dark chocolate, especially cheap dark chocolate
  • I decided that I wanted to try these candy bars after I saw them sitting on the store shelf

• by Jenn Eblin

I have to admit that I don’t like cherry flavored things, and I really don’t like dark chocolate, especially cheap dark chocolate. Cheap dark chocolate tends to taste really bitter and kind of off, as if it is spoiled. I decided that I wanted to try these candy bars after I saw them sitting on the store shelf. I don’t really like either

of the flavors in the candy bars, but I usually like 3 Musketeers bars on their own.

As soon as I opened the bag I was hit with a blast of that fake cherry flavoring that seems to come with chocolate candies. It doesn’t actually smell like cherry, but rather what some scientists decided constituted cherry scent. It was extremely unpleasant, and when ...

• I opened one of the actually candy bars, the smell only got worse. The smell was so strong that I could barely notice any of the chocolate scent.

I finally worked up the nerve to try one, and the taste was worse than I ever dreamed. The taste isn’t like a chocolate covered cherry, but more of an overly sweet and sugar taste

with undertones of fake cherry flavoring. The inside of each candy is a shocking shade of pink that only makes me realize just how fake these are.

I can’t imagine anyone eating a whole bag of these. Even my mom who loves chocolate covered cherries thought these were disgusting. We ended up tossing the entire bag away. Don’t waste your time or money on these.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27605348400831/k2311a056/5.6.08