Vizsla dog breed  » Pets  »
  • When my husband and I decided to get a puppy, we did quite a bit of research to determine what breed to go with
  • We recently had a baby and were very impressed with how gentle she is with the baby, despite the fact that she is still a puppy herself
  • They are the only breed I know where at a show you will see 50 lb
  • They may not be the best breed for everyone (probably not the best for apartment-living), but we absolutely love our Vizsla

• by Stefanie Trudeau

When my husband and I decided to get a puppy, we did quite a bit of research to determine what breed to go with. After looking at several different family-friendly breeds, we decided to get a Hungarian Vizsla.

The Vizsla is a beautiful reddish colored medium-sized dog with a very friendly and energetic personality.

They were originally

bred to hunt birds and like most bird dogs they need a decent amount of exercise but they are very loyal and eager to please.

We found a well-respected breeder, and got our Vizsla, Mazi, in June of 2006.

She is now 2 years old and I can’t imagine life without her.

She has a great personality ...

• and loves her family.

We recently had a baby and were very impressed with how gentle she is with the baby, despite the fact that she is still a puppy herself.

Vizslas are nicknamed “Velcro dogs” for a reason.

Since we got Mazi we have gone to some breed events and met other Vizslas.

They are

all the same - affectionate almost to a fault.

They are the only breed I know where at a show you will see 50 lb.

dogs all sitting in their handler’s lap resting their head on their shoulder.

They may not be the best breed for everyone (probably not the best for apartment-living), but we absolutely love our Vizsla.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 29605348140731/k2311a056/5.6.08