Sheraton Iowa City
Iowa City, Iowa
  • The personality of the area is definitely heartland rather than the cosmopolitan personality Sheraton is known for
  • I love this place because it runs specials throughout the year
  • They have the best ribeye steak I have ever eaten

• by amandafishy

The Sheraton is a great hotel and quite large with 234 rooms. Everything in the hotel in smoke free. That is always a plus because I have sinus problems and cigarette smoke really creates problems for me. The personality of the area is definitely heartland rather than the cosmopolitan personality Sheraton is known for. The Sheraton is right in the center of Iowa City.

The lobby is huge! When you walk into the hotels lobby, there are big beautiful windows which go almost to the ceiling. The flooring is beautiful white glass tile in 2 different colors. It is glorious!! With the sun shining in, it just shines. There is no furniture in the lobby to speak of. There is a table that is mean’t specifically for a visual affect and that is all. The was really pretty thought. It had a live plant that was specifically designed for the color and the shape. The registration desk was probably 20 feet long and there

were 3 people behind the desk. When we registered, the staff at the desk were very friendly and accommodating.

The suite we stayed in was comparable to the lobby. There was a lot of tile in the room too. We had a Jacuzzi in the room close to the bed in a small nook parallel to it. The nook was curved and was actually meant to be a substantial design element in the room, which it really was! There was a spot like a stage where it was lit and there was stained glass. The tub was a normal oval shape but the surround was designed to fit the room and blend in with the walls. The tiling was white which looked very nice, although I am not a fan of a lot of white things. Away from the Jacuzzi the carpeting began. It was a dark blue grey which looked perfect. The walls were also painted a muted blue grey and the whole ...

• picture was very eye catching. The queen bed had a dark stained head and foot board and looked very classic. The night stands matched the bed. The bed had a pillow top mattress on it and extremely nice memory pillows. The linens were snow white and the bed coverlet was a rich navy blue. There were several chairs in the room and a large table for working. We had internet in the room but were charged for it. That I didn’t like most places do not charge for access to the net. We had a sofa sleeper in the room which really didn’t look like one it really fooled me, I wouldn’t have know it was a sofa sleeper. The Sheraton accepts dogs and they provided our little doggy with cute little dog bed. The bathroom too was white. It had a separate bath and shower. The walls around the tub were all white tile and the shower had
        white tile with colored flecks in it. There were name brand hair products in the bath to use. The suite was climate controlled so you aren’t always getting up to adjust the air conditioning. Of course, the room had a phone with voice mail, a coffee maker, ironing board with iron and hair dryer.

I love this place because it runs specials throughout the year. White were there they were running a special for anyone that was a AAA member. So then the prices are really reasonable and they usually offer something else to go with it, like meals or drinks.

Most of the time we ate at the Old Capitol Café which is inside the Sheraton. They have the best ribeye steak I have ever eaten. It is just so tender and tasty and the prices aren’t bad either. The style reminds me of a French outdoor café. It is all very pretty.

I love the place and have absolutely no complaints about anything. Hope to stay there again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2605347940731/k2311a056/5.6.08