“Mean Creek” (R, 2004) movie  » Movies  »
  • They ultimately agree to bury him and keep it a secret
  • But I was left disappointed because we never find out what happens to the kids

• by Famous

I was really interested in seeing this film at first. It looked like there was a good deal of intrigue. And I liked the idea of Rory Culkin being in the film.

This young man has quite a presence on camera, being at once introspective and entertaining. Anyway, this story centers on a pudgy bully whose “friends” have decided needs

to be taught a lesson.

They arrange a prank in secret, going on a boat ride for one of the members’ “birthday. ” Things go horribly wrong on the boat and (SPOILER ALERT!) ultimately the prank turns deadly.

During a small squabble, George (the bully) is tossed overboard and he drowns. The group of kids argues over how to handle ...

• the situation.

They ultimately agree to bury him and keep it a secret. But the conscience of the kids outweighs that of the leader’s, and they finally turn themselves in.

I will admit that I was thoroughly entertained all the way up to the part when they decided to turn themselves in. I really thought that the viewer would see

some of the repercussions.

But I was left disappointed because we never find out what happens to the kids. I understand what the director/writer was going for.

Ultimately, I suppose it doesn’t really matter. But I felt that this part of the story would have greatly enhanced the feelings developed by the viewer.

Anyway, this was a good film with a disappointing ending.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11505347230931/k2311a055/5.5.08