WebMD.com  » Health  »
  • Whenever I'm sick or I think something may be wrong with me, I go here first because the information is very easy to find and understand
  • This way I know how I can alleviate my symptoms on my own, at least until I get better treatment
  • They don't just have profiles for each condition, they also have really helpful, and often very interesting, health articles that provide even more information on things from general health diet, nutrition, interesting tips and tricks, etc. - to more specific conditions, especially common conditions like acne and the common cold

• by Allison

Personally, I find this website to be the most helpful medical website. Whenever I’m sick or I think something may be wrong with me, I go here first because the information is very easy to find and understand.

The feature that sets this website apart from the others is the symptom checker. I don’t use it for everything if I just have a cold, I pretty much know I have a cold. But if I’m showing flu-like symptoms, I do consult the symptom checker to see if it’s really the flu or something a little more serious. Granted, this is

in now way a self-diagnosis tool, though it is useful to see what I may or may not have.

I’ve found the website’s condition profiles to be very useful as well. They’re detailed and easy to understand, and when it comes to skin problems, the pictures are very useful as well. Another thing I find helpful is that for each condition, they tell you when to call a doctor. I mean, when I’m reading about a condition I have, or think I may have, I am often asking “should I see a doctor?” and this website answers my question very clearly. Then ...

• they have helpful home care advice. This is especially useful for when either I don’t need to see a doctor, or I have to wait a day or so to see one. This way I know how I can alleviate my symptoms on my own, at least until I get better treatment.

They don’t just have profiles for each condition, they also have really helpful, and often very interesting, health articles that provide even more information on things from general health diet, nutrition, interesting tips and tricks, etc. - to more specific conditions, especially common conditions like acne and the

common cold. The website also helps people stay up-to-date on health news and research, including information on drug and product “warnings, alerts, and recalls,” which is great for me because I’m not one to watch the late night news just to learn about recent health discoveries.

The website isn’t my health Bible or anything, I usually do seek information on other websites and while I usually come across similar information, sometimes I come across information I didn’t see on WebMD. It’s not as though this has every bit of health information in existence. However, it is usually the first place I look.

WebMD.com

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 34505347210931/k2311a055/5.5.08