Prozac  » Medicine  »
0.5
  • I found an article online that associated Prozac with breast discharge

• by momashella

Last fall I was feeling a little down and really tired. My PCP said it was probably depression, so he prescribed Prozac and some sleeping pills. One evening, about a month later, my breasts felt tender.

Really tender, and a little sore. I was examining them because it seemed odd to me.

I discovered my breasts were expressing

milk/colostrum looking fluid. Two PCPs assumed it was a prolactinoma (tumor of the pituitary gland), scaring me senseless.

Within three months I had an MRI ($2000 expense to me) revealing no tumor. I was thankful to God for that, but I still didn’t know what was wrong with me.

I researched the symptoms on the internet and talked with ...

• friends searching for an answer. I found an article online that associated Prozac with breast discharge.

I took the information to my PCP who seemed amused by it and dismissed it as a cause. Well, eight months later an Endocrinologist tells me that Prozac has very much been found to cause breast discharge, though it is rather rare.

All other tests came back normal and he strongly believes the Prozac is the cause for my discharge. Once again, I am thankful to God for the good news and relieved.

However, it was unfortunate that I incurred thousands of dollars in medical expenses to reach that point. I hope this helps anyone else who may be experiencing the same thing.

Prozac

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26505346890831/k2311a055/5.5.08