BJ’s Fish Oil  » Health  »
  • Last week I decided to switch from my name brand fish oil supplements to their Natural Extra Strength Fish Oil 1200MG with Omega-3 Fatty Acids dietary supplement
  • I thought I found the bargain of the century
  • I will not buy them again or recommend them

• by Marie Baker

Do you shop at BJ’s Wholesale Warehouse? I shop there every week. In the beginning I only bought the name brands that I was familiar with. Overtime, I have been trying some of their own brand items. Their trade name is Berkley & Jensen.

Oil 1200MG with Omega-3 Fatty Acids dietary supplement. They do not have any artificial colors, or artificial flavors, no yeast, no starch, or any gluten. They sounded perfect for any health conscience person. The price was great for 200 soft-gel capsules in a bottle with a daily serving of two capsules. I thought I found the bargain of the century.

The next morning ...

• I took my first two capsules. While I was out walking, I thought I smelled fishy. It was not very long before I started tasting fish in my mouth. That nasty taste repeated on me all day.

A friend that it was because I had a light breakfast. The next day I had a full breakfast before taking the two capsules. While

walking, again I had a fishy taste in my mouth.

The next day I did not exercise after taking the fish oil capsules and it was marginally better, but not satisfactory.

You get what you pay for. Berkley & Jensen make some very acceptable products. These fish oil capsules are not one of them. I will not buy them again or recommend them.

Nayera says :

The gelatin in Fish Oil concentrate 1000 mg with omega-3 fatty acids from pork or from what? as is written Gelatin non-bovine . Thx,

Galega says :

The Gelatin can be made of beef or pork. It depends on the country you are buying it. Generally, in Muslim countries Gelatin having pork isn’t used for obvious reasons. Actually, the manufacturer of this medicine just outsource Gelatin and buys it in bulk.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 34505346830831/k2311a055/5.5.08