Avon Shine Supreme Lip Color  » Cosmetics  »
2.0
  • I like lip gloss and when I saw Avon had a sale on their Shine Supreme Lip Color, I jumped at the opportunity to get some, for the first time
  • I have had people tell me how good this product is and how wonderful it is on your lips, etc. But unfortunately, I have to disagree
  • But I think that's where the good stuff ends, for me anyway
  • As it was my first encounter with it, I decided to try it on my lips anyway and was fairly disappointed
  • Luckily I only bought two and unfortunately, I use none

• by RJR

I like lip gloss and when I saw Avon had a sale on their Shine Supreme Lip Color, I jumped at the opportunity to get some, for the first time. I have had people tell me how good this product is and how wonderful it is on your lips, etc. But unfortunately, I have to

disagree.

They come in a variety of colours, ranging from very light to very dark and have this wonderful bubble gum type scent to it. But I think that’s where the good stuff ends, for me anyway.

I expect lip gloss to be more smooth and less sticky. I had never encountered lip gloss that had such ...

• a gooey texture. Almost befitting to it’s bubble gum smell.

As it was my first encounter with it, I decided to try it on my lips anyway and was fairly disappointed. It really was like pasting a softened bubble gum on my lips and it really didn’t look as nice as I had expected it

to look.

Luckily I only bought two and unfortunately, I use none. This is not my definition of what lip gloss should be like. But, if you have a soft spot for a pasty type of lip color, then by all means go fori t! But this product just doesn’t do it for me.

Newsie2000 says :

Folks, I disagree with the other persons critique of Avon Shine Supreme Lip Color. It is the best stuff I have ever tried. although it takes some getting used to the application. First your lips must be perfectly dry, then you must only swipe the wand over your lips once not back and forth as you do with other lip colors then let it sit. A minute or two later you can rub your lips together if you have a blob or somthing. then periodically ofver the hours later just rub your lips together to refresh the shine. Yes, it has a sticky texture but that`s what keeps it on for so long. I can wear it for hours and hours and it`s shiny not dry and cakey as other long lasting lip colors are.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31505346780831/k2311a055/5.5.08