Maybelline Color Delights Cream Shadow  » Cosmetics  »
1.0
  • I bought it in a drug store after seeing the beautiful store display that featured a model wearing the eye shadow
  • The only way that I found I could apply it was either to use my fingers and use multiple layers or to apply it with a concealer brush
  • The biggest problem about it is that unlike many other cream shadows, it does not convert to powder state once dry, it just remains jelly and cakie

• by Tanya

This is a cream or cake eye shadow that is packaged in a quite attractive container. It has four colors- blue, purple, pink and white, all with sparkles. I bought it in a drug store after seeing the beautiful store display that featured a model wearing the eye shadow.

It looked like the perfect party or vacation make-up: smooth, consistent, vibrant and very sexy and sparkly. Well, that had nothing to do with reality.

No matter how

many times and the different ways and the different applicators that I tried to use, not only that I couldn’t achieve the look like in the picture, but I couldn’t even make it look good in general. First of all, it is very difficult to apply it.

When I apply it with my fingers, then most of the eye shadow stays on my fingers. Same goes for the sponge applicator.

The only way that I found I could apply it was either to use my fingers and use multiple layers or to apply it with a concealer brush. The shadow does not distribute evenly on the eye, making it look spotty, cheap and classless.

It often just goes on in chunks that I later need to rub off my eyes. In addition, even after layers of application, when I managed to get it into a semi-decent state, after 15 minutes of wearing it, the ...

• Maybelline Color Delights Cream Shadow
      shadow re-distributes itself unevenly on the eye.

I suppose it happens when I blink, the gel just moves up or down from the center. And it looks just terrible.

I didn’t want to throw it away, so I was trying to come up with some ways that I could still use it, for example, just outline the eye or use it to highlight certain spots. But the uneven application of the product just ruins everything.

I also

think that the sparkles are not made from quality materials, because often they make the skin on and around my eyes itch. And it gets so annoying that I have to rub it, while ruining my whole make up.

The biggest problem about it is that unlike many other cream shadows, it does not convert to powder state once dry, it just remains jelly and cakie.

I would not recommend this product.

Don’t buy it. It’s a waste of time and money.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31505346670831/k2311a055/5.5.08