Cafe Rio St George UT  » Restaurants  »
0.5
471 East St George Blvd, St George, Utah
  • The food does not taste good enough to be authentic

• by Kent Douglass

I do not have any complaints about the service or employees at Cafe Rio, I just cannot stomach the food. I do not know what it is they they do to their salzas, but to me it is about the worst Mexican food I have ever eaten.

Well, second worst.

The worst was a place I visited that had Vietnamese cooks who

made all the Mexican food with soy sauce rather than salza.

But my wife, on the other hand, loves to eat at Cafe Rio.

So to try to please my wife, I have tried it at least a half dozen times to attempt to find something that is palatable.

So far I have been totally unsuccessful.

I have finally given up trying,

• so now when my wife goes to Cafe Rio we order it to go, and I order something from somewhere else, almost anywhere else.

I have tried various menu items with different sauces, and even asking them to leave the sauces off, but every time it makes my stomach turn.

To me, Cafe Rio is like eating at a European Restaurant which uses

cooks who have never tasted real Mexican food, who invent their own dishes and try to make them look like photos they have seen in Ukranian magazines.

I don’t know who came up with the Cafe Rio recipes, but I would be extremely surprised if someone told me that they originated with Mexicans.

The food does not taste good enough to be authentic.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 7205346370231/k2311a052/5.2.08