Bermuda Breeze Public Transportation
Bermuda
  • They have a Bermuda Senior Citizen pass available for free, although I believe that is only for senior residents of the island nation

• by Kent Douglass

The Breeze Public Transportation system of buses in Bermuda provides outstanding service. You can get anywhere you want to on the island within minutes, and the price is reasonable, expecially when you buy the all-day pass for twelve dollars. They have a Bermuda Senior Citizen pass available for free, although I believe that is only for senior residents of the island nation. There seemed to be bus stops about

every block or two, and the passengers can get off and on the buses anywhere they want to. The drivers were extremely helpful with waiting for passengers and helping them on and off the bus when needed.

The advantage to taking the bus over other options, like renting scooters, is that you can actually see the scenic island while traveling. While riding on rental scooters the drivers are more concerned ...

• with what is going on in front of them on the road than seeing what they are passing. The bus is more economical. The scooters rent for about thirty-five dollars a day vs. the twelve dollor bus fare. Generally the bus is safer too, especially for people used to driving on the right side of the street, because the vehicles travel on the left in Bermuda.

We loved the friendly

bus drivers who weren’t afraid to answer questions about the country and history. In all the bus line made the visit to the country very relaxing and enjoyable. The drivers seemed to know everyone, although on an island of 60,000 or so residents, I guess you’d get to know a good share of the population. But the drivers treated the passengers like old friends too. They were impressive in my opinion.

James says :

I will be staying Princess Fairmont Hamilton, can I take the 10 or 11 bus from the airport ? We each have 1 small carry on. Thank You

K Douglass replies :

I arrived in Bermuda by cruiseliner so I never actually took the bus to or from the airport. But I did ride past the airport and there was a bus parked there, so I don`t think you would have any problem getting the bus from the airport to the motel. I think the thing that impressed me most was just being able to get on and off whereever we wanted to. I think there was a bus stop every block or so. It was actually cheaper than riding scooters, and not nearly as dangerous. The small carry ons should be no problem either.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 25205346080131/k2311a052/5.2.08