St. Ives Advanced Body Moisturizer (Swiss Vanilla)  » Cosmetics  »
  • I think that it can be a testimony to its quality
  • What I like about St. Ives Advanced Body Moisturizer is first of all that it comes in a very convenient container of 600 ML with a pump
  • What I don't like about this lotion is that when I rub it into my skin, most of it just stays on the surface
  • As a result it only gives a temporary relief and does not solve the problem of the dryness
  • I would recommend to use as a protection against the elements, but not as a moisturizer or for dry skin

• by Tanya

St. Ives Advanced Body Moisturizer is not a bad body lotion. Just like many other St. Ives products it is quite popular. The last time I was trying to buy this product it was on sale and I had to go to several different stores to get it since it was out of stock within hours. I think that it can be a testimony to its quality. To be perfectly honest, I’m not too excited about it. It is nice, but nothing special.

What I like about St. Ives Advanced Body Moisturizer is first of all that it comes in a very convenient container of 600 ML with a pump. I can use it to moisturize

my body or I can put it on my desk and use it as a hand lotion (as a matter of fact I have one standing on my desk right now). I think the really great feature of this lotion is that it has a very nice and sweet, yet a subtle fragrance. So I can use it on a daily basis, especially for work. At my work place I am warned not to wear any perfume or anything with strong smell since I work in a close proximity to other people and some of them have allergies to strong scents. The fact that the fragrance is so subtle is also good for me because ...

• it helps me to establish a professional image and it doesn’t interfere with my perfume when I decide to go out. The lotion itself has a very light texture and is suitable for regular use, especially if you have normal or oily skin.

What I don’t like about this lotion is that when I rub it into my skin, most of it just stays on the surface. As a result it only gives a temporary relief and does not solve the problem of the dryness. And it washes away easily in water, which means that you have to re-apply it frequently if you wash your hands or take frequent showers. I also find that if I

don’t exfoliate, it tends to clog pores. So if you are prone to acne (on your chest or on your back for example) I would not recommend you to use it. In a few other instances it made my skin really itchy, I would assume it was because it was clogging the pores. They say that it is supposed to soothe the skin, but I don’t find any evidence that it indeed acts that way.

St. Ives Advanced Body Moisturizer is an affordable product. It can be purchased in drug stores. Generally this is not a bad product. I would recommend to use as a protection against the elements, but not as a moisturizer or for dry skin.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31205346000131/k2311a052/5.2.08