Holy Cow Steak Ranch and American Grill  » Restaurants  »
Ground Floor Level, Midtown , Robinson’s Place, Ermita,Manila,Philippines
  • I think it is actually a unique concept that service will come from all male crew
  • The first one was a plate of green salad mixed with fresh fruits and a sprinkle of delicious nuts
  • As a person who loves green salad, I enjoyed both of the salad but the first one made a more delightful taste that will leave you craving for more

• by Irene

No matter what country one comes from, eating steak is one of the most pleasurable meal one could ever have. Holy Cow provides not only good steaks but also a variety of main dishes, side dishes, salad, and desserts. Your mouth will be satisfied and so as your eyes without creating so much whole in your pocket.

More often than not, the appearance of the whole restaurant reflects what kind of food they serve and what kind of vibe it wants to convey to its customers.Holy Cow remains faithful to its Cowboy or Country style kind of vibe.

Once you enter, the first thing you’ll notice is the waiters’ uniform and their questionable sexuality.I am not being prejudice.I think it is actually a unique concept that service will

come from all male crew. I think the restaurant does not advocate sexism but is rather implying an underlying theme which is Broke Back Mountain. This is just how I perceived the restaurant.It may be true but it may just be in my imagination because of starvation (I haven’t eaten anything all day and that was my first meal).To emphasize the explicit theme, there are LCD tv’s that play famous cowboy or something-like-it movies. Some of them are Indiana Jones, Mask of Zorro, and Tristan and Isolde. I didn’t see Broke Back Mountain in the movie list though. Along with the movies, country music is playing as a back ground while waiting for the food.

Unlike other restaurants which sometimes take forever before they serve the ...

• food, the waiter was true to his word that the food will be served after 15 minutes.But before they served the main course, they served a couple of bread sticks, which really didn’t have a lasting impression. Few minutes after that, without the bread sticks fully consumed, two big plates of salad occupied our table as ordered. Both vegetable salads were exceptional.The first one was a plate of green salad mixed with fresh fruits and a sprinkle of delicious nuts. As a person who loves green salad, I enjoyed both of the salad but the first one made a more delightful taste that will leave you craving for more.

Since it is a steak ranch, steaks should be the star above all other food in the menu.

I am not sure though if that is the case here. I only tried a slice of steak from my Dad’s order since I preferred roasted chicken. The taste was not exceptional but it was good enough.

After we ate our meal, we were given forms where we can rate their food and their services. I placed a check mark on the “good box” for the food and the “excellent box” for the customer service. I need to give credit to the waiter who was very patient while I keep changing my mind about what side dish to choose.

All in all, Holy Cow is a great fun place where you can have a great meal with the family or a special someone without saying “Holy Cow!” after seeing the bill.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 7205345920131/k2311a052/5.2.08