Padeng Sumatra  » Travel  »
  • My three days stay in Padeng will always stay in my happy memories, and I am most grateful to my friend for the invitation
  • I hope I will have another chance to visit Padeng

• by Mark Williams

Padeng is a mid-sized town on the western coast of Sumatra Island, Indonesia. It is a kind of a remote place. I got the opportunity to visit Padeng last year at the invitation of a friend of mine living there.

I flew from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, to Padeng by Malaysian Airlines. It was a direct flight.

About twenty minutes after takeoff, the Sumatra Island was already visible , a beautiful island in the Indian Ocean on western Indonesia. The flight just took about an hour.

My friend took me around the town. Padeng is such a beautiful town.

It really was a traveller’s paradise. Located on the western coast of the island, it ...

• was such a nice view onto the Indian Ocean.

The bay, where the seaport was, was amazingly beautiful. I just could not resist from taking pictures all over from different sides.

The mountain range behind the town also presented an eye-catching background. Just imagine, green in the background and blue in the front , between the mountain

and the ocean !

People in Padeng were so friendly and hospitable too.

I was greeted with welcome-smiles whenever I entered the souvenier shops, selling truly traditional Indonesian crafts. My three days stay in Padeng will always stay in my happy memories, and I am most grateful to my friend for the invitation.

I hope I will have another chance to visit Padeng.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38205345820131/k2311a052/5.2.08