OFF Insect Repellent Lotion for Kids  » Health  »
  • Therefore, mothers like me, never hesitate to products like this because it keeps away serious problem

• by mommymary

Living in th Philippines with tropical weather means a lot of insects exist in my place. Being a mother, i am very particular to the skin of my baby. Mostly, she plays outside the room, which means more insects particularly — mosquitoes.

I usually, let my 3 yrs. old daughter wear pajamas as she plays outside the room to protect her from mosquito bites but thanks to OFF! Insect Repellent Lotion

for Kids, i do not need for her to wear pajamas which is hustle during the summer (especially summer is here).

The lotion said is only 53 pesos per 50ml. It’s worth the price, not expensive at all because my daughter benefits from it a lot.

And also, it has the overnight lotion for longer lasting protection which you can use during the night sleep. You can also choose variety of ...

• scent.

I am using the Tropical Fresh Fragrance. This product is made by the ever-trusted baby product company maker Johnson.

It is very useful for every person. Not just for kids but also for adults as well having their time mostly outside the house.

In my place, mosquitoes carries serious disease such as malaria and dengue. Therefore, mothers like me, never hesitate to products like this because it keeps away serious

problem.

Moreover, his daddy also use it on his outdoor activity like camping and hanging out. It is not having an irritating bad smell at all compared to other similar products.

It smells good, more like putting scented lotion on your skin. And even kids playing perspire, the OFF! Insect Repellent Lotion for kids does not wash out at all.

Plus, it is dermatology tested for sensitive skin like of a child.

tricia says :

is off insect repellant lotion safe to be used in infant ages 6 months old?

M says :

Hi Tricia,

Even theres no specific age for using off. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends not using any insect repellents on a baby who’s not yet 2 months old. Products containing DEET (N, N-diethyl-meta-toluamide) or picaridin are both recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for adults and children 2 months of age and older. DEET and picaridin aren’t water-soluble, so don’t put these repellents on your baby more than once a day.
    Don’t put repellent on your baby’s hands, because they’ll inevitably find their way into his mouth.
    Don’t put repellent close to your baby’s eyes or mouth, and avoid cuts and skin irritations.
    Apply repellent sparingly to your baby’s exposed skin, not to the skin under his clothes.

mommymary replies :

i can`t say that it`s not safe or safe coz i never tried to to my child when she was still at that age. The lotion indicated KIDS so i thought it`s for those who are maybe not younger than 1 year old.

junmae says :

I agree with you, OFF Lotion is for Kids not for infants because it has a strong chemicals that may affects a child’s bone marrow.

crisele says :

Hi tricia. Off lotion is not safe for your 6 months old baby. Instead use white dove baby lotion, product of PC Collection, because its even safe to a newborn baby.

clarine says :

hi i am interested to use off lotion to ward off mosquitoes. but i am scared i might get allergic to it. and i am the type of person that easily sweats. is it true that your product is sweat-resistant? how come it is sweat ressitant? hope you could answer my inquiry so that i will be very confident when finally get to use it. thank you.

mommymary replies :

clarine, im also using the product but not the for kids lotion. I am using the original, it has higher Diethyl-meta-toluamide main ingredient 15 than the for Kids Lotion which has 7.5 only. As so, i suggest you use first the for kids to avoid irritation because of is lower percentage of its main active ingredients. Yes, it is also true that its sweat and water resistant.

riki says :

Yeah it is true that this product is sweat-resistant. It acts in a similar way as water proof sun screen lotion i.e. it gets absorbed in the skin and body and then it shows it action for next few hours, so water can not wash it out from inside the skin.

MomofKidWithAtopicDermatitis says :

You may use NO BITE instead of OFF because NO BITE is what most doctors recommend. I haven’t heard a doctor who recommended OFF.

scott huggins says :

That because the doctor’s are getting paid to recommend No Bite. Just like the Hospital recommended a certain Baby formula to us and we all know they’re all the same.

laura says :

is off insect repellent lotion safe to be used 1 year old baby? and what is the side effect for my daughter 1 year old using this OFF Insect Repellent Lotion for Kids.?

riki says :

Off insect repellent is safe to use for kids, however it is not safe to use it for infants. Since your baby is 1 year old, try a little bit of lotion on hand and after few hours observe the skin. If no darkening of skin happens then this product is safe to use. Please also read the instructions on the bottle carefully before using it.

Galega says :

It is not proper to use OFF Insect Repellant Lotion on the body of your 1 year old baby. It can be used only in exceptional circumstances, like when you are traveling and there is no hygienic way to keep your baby safe. It can be harmful for your baby, if used regularly. Further, baby tends to take everything to mouth and if this lotion will be applied on hands, that can become dangerous.

MomofKidWithAtopicDermatitis says :

We have visited 6 docotrs as my daughter has health problems. We have asked different opinions from pedias to family doctors and even to surgeons (we went crazy for my daughter’s health). We have found out she has skin asthma (atopic dermatitis). So, we cannot use different products to her. We asked for a mosquito and insect repellent from the doctor and she recommended NO BITE. Yes, all of them recommended NO BITE to my daughter. Even to the hospital where my daughter got admitted, the pharmacy has NO BITE and no OFF on display. Well, for us parents we use OFF but for my daughter we use NO BITE.

ana says :

off insect repellent lotion for kids if i use it everyday for my kids is there any side effect?

M says :

Hi Ana,
    Based on my experience. It has no serious side effects. One of the effects are, it makes your skin dark.

Galega says :

Irrespective of what the manufacturer suggests, no pediatrician will recommend OFF Insect Repellant Lotion to be applied on baby regularly. It must be used in extraordinary circumstances.

There are many other safe method for keeping insects away from your baby, like keeping your home clean and hygienic and using mosquito net.

Ria says :

Tried this off lotion for my 4 yr old child and all she gets are hives…

Angie Montealegre says :

Don’t use it if your kid gets hives upon application, it’s a sign of an allergic reaction.

Galega says :

Your baby is getting hives after using it. This is a clear sign of allergic reaction. I think you were using it on daily basis.

You should immediately discontinue using it. If the hives do not go away within 2 - 3 days, consult a pediatrician.

maria fe p. sy says :

my kids are using off overtime lotion for longer protection and to reiterate id like t know if it has side effects if use everyday.we`ve been using it for years now.thanks,i need your ans for answer peace of mind.

mommymary replies :

if possible, try to skip or suspend using it from time to time. although i haven`t had problems with it also for years now but, i do not use it everyday if only i can secure the area and make sure there are no mosquitoes like the house. if ever shes outside, that`s the time but not everytime.

Galega says :

I had a discussion with a pediatrician regarding this lotion to be applied on my 1.5 year old son. The doctor told me to use it only when that is quite necessary. For example, one can use it when going out on a leisure spot and there is very high probability of insect and mosquito biting. In normal circumstances, a baby should not unnecessarily be exposed to these type of harsh chemicals. I would suggest you to use mosquito net to your baby for protection against insects and mosquito, among others.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 34205345790131/k2311a052/5.2.08