Sugar Cookies recipe  » Recipes  »
  • I find that this way it rolls out better for me and does not stick to the rolling pin

• by Angie

I love sugar cookies that are soft. And I finally found a recipe that will help me make them this way. Everyone in my family raves over them.

They are the best. In a medium bowl, combine 3 cups of flour, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, and 1/8 teaspoon of salt.

Set aside. In a large bowl, combine 1 cup of sugar with 1 cup of margarine or butter.

Beat on medium until light and fluffy. Then beat in 2 eggs, until well combined.

Stir in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Gradually stir in the flour mixture ...

• until dough is formed into a soft ball.

Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Grease 2 cookie sheets, then roll the dough out on a flour surface. Make sure the dough is rolled out to 1/8 inch thickness.

Using cookie cutters, cut

out desired shapes. Bake until light brown, approximately 8-10 minutes.

Cool on a wire rack. Frost sugar cookies however desired.

I usually chill my dough overnight. I find that this way it rolls out better for me and does not stick to the rolling pin.

I have also froze these cookies if I make a double batch. The freeze well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 49205345541231/k2311a052/5.2.08