The Forbidden Kingdom movie  » Movies  »
2.5
  • When I first went into the movie theatre I think I overhyped the movie
  • After watching the whole movie in it's entirety, I was actually disappointed with the outcome of this movie
  • You will definitely get your money's worth when you view the fight scene between Jackie and Jet
  • Therefore Michael Angarano ruined the movie in my opinion

• by jphidang

The Forbidden Kingdom starring kung fu masters Jackie Chan and Jet Li for the first time together on the same screen. When I first went into the movie theatre I think I overhyped the movie. After watching the whole movie in it’s entirety, I was actually disappointed with the outcome of this movie.

First of all the movie should’ve been in Chinese

with English subtitles to set the mood of the ancient chinese kung fu flicks. Second, the audience wants to see a movie centered around Jackie Chan and Jet Li, not Michael Angarano who plays Jason.

You will definitely get your money’s worth when you view the fight scene between Jackie and Jet. But overall the movie was still a disappointment due to the fact that it was centered around Michael Angarano more than the kung fu legends.

Frankly I didn’t care about Michael Angarano since I payed to see a film about Jackie and Jet, not him. Therefore Michael Angarano ruined the movie in my opinion.

But hopefully this marks the beginning of Jackie and Jet’s collaboration in filming and hopefully there is more ...

• The Forbidden Kingdom movie
      to come in the near future. I just pray that if they do decide to film another movie, that they film it in China under a Chinese director with no American influence.

Both Jackie and Jet release better Hong Kong produced movies than their U. S.

produced movies. So if the two kung fu masters release a Hong Kong produced movie together for

sure it will be phenomenal and definitely it will not be a let down like this movie was.

Overall I rate this movie 5/10, it would have gotten a perfect 10 if Michael Angarano was left out of the cast, or if the movie was centered more around Jackie & Jet and not around Michael Angarano. Definitely check out this movie for the fight scenes though.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11105345181231/k2311a051/5.1.08