Verizon Pay As You Go
Millington, TN
  • I am a work at home mom so I didn't need a large plan with minutes I would never use, so I thought that this would be a frugal idea
  • I would recommend Verizon Wireless Pay As You Go plan to anyone who does not talk much on a cell phone, otherwise I would say to get with an actual plan rather than Pay as You Go

• by MaryLynn

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

I needed a cellular phone for occassional calls. I am a work at home mom so I didn’t need a large plan with minutes I would never use, so I thought that this would be a frugal idea.

I went to my local Wal-Mart and purchased a Samsung flip phone and the $50 phone card to get me started.

When you purchase the phone card you get caller id,

text messaging, Long Distance with in the United States, and free Verizon to Verizon phone calling.

This is great for me since most of my friends use Verizon phone service.

In the area of town that I live I get excellent phone reception with no dropped calls.

The only complaint that I have is the policy of you having to add minutes every 30 days or regardless if you ...

• still have minutes remaining or they will suspend your service till you add a card to the phone.

If you do add a card to your phone all of the minutes you had left from teh last card will be added to the new card balance.

When you make a call a recording will let you know of how much time you have left to make the call.

Voice

Mail is included but you will be charged for the call, it is not free.

I would recommend Verizon Wireless “Pay As You Go” plan to anyone who does not talk much on a cell phone, otherwise I would say to get with an actual plan rather than “Pay as You Go”.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 223004344781130/k2311a0430/4.30.08