Khat Phud band  » Music  »
Atlanta, GA
  • But when I listen to bands with singers, I like being able to hear what he/she is singing

• by Famous

A friend invited me to see Khat Phud at Centennial Park. I had heard of the local Atlanta band, but wasn’t sure exactly who they were or what kind of music they did.

I realized (after a bit of research) that this band does a sort of jazz fusion.

Occasionally they have a singer or guest musician, like Ken

Ford (violinist) to perform with them.

On this occasion Ken was a guest (or perhaps he’s a feature)—and he played one of my favorite songs, “Moments In Love” by the Art of Noise.

However, when he played this with Khat Phud at the park, it was simply exquisite.

The band supports his style of music extremely well.

And ...

• the young men are very energetic and get the crowd moving.

One criticism: the lead singer couldn’t really be heard over the music.

So I don’t know whether it was because of the sound set up, or the other musicians playing too loudly.

But when I listen to bands with singers, I like being able to hear what he/she is singing.

But in this environment, it was certainly excusable.

The band was really good, with the drummer alternating between his standard kit and the hand drums, which always makes a song sound exotic.

They have a hip-hop flair that makes the music sound a bit more up to date, instead of stodgy—-the way a lot of bands tend to play traditional jazz standards.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 142904344560630/k2311a0429/4.29.08