Harry Potter and the Philosophers stone  » Books  »
  • When I read the book only the 2nd in the series was out, but I know I was hooked

• by yerauk

This is the first of the seven books that highly captivated my attention. I never imagine I would enjoy the books so much.

Although it is said to be children book, it had me enchanted. This first book was lent to me

by my nephew who was only about 10 years old then. When I read the book only the 2nd in the series was out, but I know I was hooked. I rushed out to buy the 2nd book immediately and had to wait painfully for the rest of the books to come along.

The book was written in a style very easy to understand and follow along. It appealed to the kid in me. Harry Potter the main character is a boy who’s parents ...

• Harry Potter and the Philosophers stone
      were killed by the villain, Lord Voldermort. Harry escapes with only a scratch. The boy grew up not knowing that he was in fact a wizard till. Howgarts the Wizarding School offered him a place.

Thus Harry goes there and found his two

life long friend, Ron and Herimione.

Once I got started on the book, it’s hard for me to put in down. I have read this book more than five times, but still find it a good read. For that this books deserves nothing short of a ten!

Harry Potter and the Philosophers stone
Caroline says :

re : When I read the book only the 2nd in the series was out, but I know I was hooked
J.K. Rowling’s writing style instantly captures your attention, and manages to keep your attention for all 7 books in the series. This installment in the series introduces you to all of the main characters, their backstories, and how they will relate to each other in the books to come. Typically, this introductory style of writing can be bland, but the author manages to twist interesting backstories into each character, making this novel undeniably riveting to fans of all genres.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172804344170630/k2311a0428/4.28.08