Special Kitty Cat Litter  » Pets  »
0.5
  • I thought a 28 pound box would last me a long time, considering a different litter I buy in a 14 pound jug last around a week to 10 days

• by Angie Schilling

I am forunate enough to have six wonderful cats as part of my family and keeping them happy is a top priority. I want a litter that can stand up to six cats using it several times a day, and one that clumps when the litter gets wet. One that stays fresh with daily cleanings for a long time, and one that is reasonably priced.

Special Kitty Scoopable Cat litter did not meet my expectations. First of all, it did not

clump the way clumping litters are suppose to.

My cats would urinate in the box and instead of clumping, the clay would just get wet and make scooping my boxes so hard. The wet litter stuck to the bottom of the litterboxes, which really turned me off.

I am thinking how would my cats like to be stepping in this? It probably grosses them out like I am grossed out. I thought a 28 pound box would last me a ...

• long time, considering a different litter I buy in a 14 pound jug last around a week to 10 days.

This box only lasted about a week on two litter boxes because it did not clump. Urine just ran all over the bottom of the litterbox, causing all the litter to get wet and gross.

Since the litter did not clump, it was hard for me to get all the urine out everytime I scooped, thus making it hard to keep up

on my house not smelling like cat. I pride my self in knowing that my house does not smell like an animal house, but with this litter it did.

I want my home to smell clean and fresh and this litter did not help me acchieve that. It claims to have long lasting odor control, but I say that that is poorly met.

But within two to three days my home smelled. The box says multiple cat formula, but clearly it is not.

Special Kitty Cat Litter
    Karen Connolly says :

Try using the kitty litter from Petco that you buy in bulk. It is the only kitty litter i buy now. It is called Pet Gold plus and you buy a bucket for 3 and then just refill for as little as 8 when it`s on sale otherwise about 12. It clumps and is easily scooped out. My picky cats seem to like it and it last longer than anything i`ve found yet. I`ve told other family and friends and now they all use it too.

Angie replies :

Thanks for recommending it. I will have to try it as my cats are very picky.

jackie harp says :

I had the same problem as we have 4 cats. after trying different kinds, I settled on Tidy Cats, I use light weight, but they are all good. good clumping and very pleasant smell cats seem to like it. and its reasonably priced,

Sid Orpa says :

I’d recommend using Purina’s Tidy cat litter, even after my cats do their business, it doesn’t stink up the house. Also, the clumping is great too I usually will clean the litter every 2-5 days and it’ll be fine. But I only have two cats, so that’s doable. I’d specifically recommend the Tidy Multiple Cats liter for your big family. And try pan/litter liners, they work wonders, I was experiencing the same issues as you were with the sticking. The liners really do the trick and make it easy to dispose the waste (get the ones with the holes in them).

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 292604343560830/k2311a0426/4.26.08