St. Ives Swiss Formula Lotion: Collagen Elastin  » Cosmetics  »
  • At around $7.00 for an 18-ounce bottle, I figured it was well worth the price
  • However, this only happened in the first two or three weeks

• by Shelly McRae

St. Ives Swiss Formula line of lotions is a high quality product line and I have used a variety of their lotions over the years. As I age, the skin around my lips has begun to pucker slightly. This, I understand, is due to loss of collagen. My overall complexion has also begun to dry out and appear papery. My skin is losing its elasticity.

When I saw St. Ives Swiss Formula: Collagen Elastin I thought, “This is just what I need.”

The label on the bottle promises younger looking skin,

and tells me the lotion contains proteins found in young, healthy skin. At around $7.00 for an 18-ounce bottle, I figured it was well worth the price.

I have used the lotion every day on my face, and now, over two months later, the bottle is nearly empty.

The lines around my mouth are less prominent and my complexion is smoother.

To say my skin looks younger might be an exaggeration. Though I would like to think I look younger, it may be more accurate to say I just look less old.

St. Ives ...

• Swiss Formula: Collagen Elastin is not a miracle lotion, but it is effective. There are drawbacks, however.

When I first began using it, my face broke out. Not badly, but there were two or three pimples. Acne, I discovered, does not make a person look younger.

The lotion is quite rich, and the quantity of oils may be the cause of the breakouts. However, this only happened in the first two or three weeks. I assume my skin needed to adjust to the sudden increase in oils.

The other drawback is the lotion,

in spite of my dry skin, is not quickly absorbed. My face looks a bit shiny for about twenty minutes after applying it, and feels a bit greasy.

The drawbacks, though, are a small price to pay. And the price of the lotion is not exorbitant. I have bought a second bottle, and plan on continuing to use St. Ives Swiss Formula: Collagen Elastin. It may not take ten years off, but there is a difference in the texture and elasticity of my skin, and the lotion does produce visible results.

Amna says :

hello I was wondering does any of ur body wash or lotion contain soy? If so kindly can u name it Thank you

Galega says :

St. Ives Swiss Formula Lotions do have trace amounts of soy and wheat germ oil. If you are allergic to Soy, you should avoid it.

DIANNA says :

WHERE CAN I BUY THIS PRODUCT IN DETROIT MICHIGAN?

ann says :

where can i buy this product.

Shelly McRae replies :

St. Ives Swiss Formula Lotions do have trace amounts of soy and wheat germ oil. This product is available at most major retail outlets such as CVS, Target and Walmart.

Louise Warsaw-Esterley says :

I have lost track of how long I have been using St. Ives Swiss Formula Lotion: Collagen Elastin, but I started using it way before I decided to have my child at the age of 39. She is now 29, so that makes me 68 years young. My next statement is absolutely the truth. I have had strangers on the street stop me to compliment me on my skin. A few have actually asked me to prove my age when I tell them my age. Thank you very much for your product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312604343290530/k2311a0426/4.26.08