Ghost and Mrs Muir  » Movies  »
  • I love movies, it is one of my favorite pasttimes
  • I like old movies also, some of them are so well done that they are truly classics
  • The Captain is there waiting for her, and a young Mrs Muir walks into the clouds with the Captain, A very moving movie and well worth watching I would recommend it to anyone

• by robsmom

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

I love movies, it is one of my favorite pasttimes. I like old movies also, some of them are so well done that they are truly classics. I was flipping through channels the other night and came across a 1947 movie entitled The Ghost and Mrs. Muir.

The story is sort of self-explanatory. It features a mortal woman, Mrs Muir, portrayed by Gene Tierney, and the ghost of a seaman, played by Rex Harrison. Mrs. Muir

moves into the seaman’s cottage only to discover that he hasn’t yet chosen to move on.

This movie really defined the idea of star-crossed lovers who could never be together. Mrs Muir refuses to leave the house even after the Captian has made his presecen known, he as a ghost falls in love with Mrs Muir. Mrs Muir is a widow and she needs money, The captian tells her of his tails at sea and she ...

• writes them into a book.

She meets a mortal man, who happens to be putting on a front, he is married and convinces Mrs Muir that he was not. she later finda the truth and The Captain cannot stand her pain.

The humor and heart of this movie still touches a chord in those who watch it today. It made me remember why we fell in love in the first place.

At the end of the movie, Mrs

Muir is very old and frail, she still resides in the cottage with her maid Martha, and she takes a glass of warm milk, when she passes away. The Captain is there waiting for her, and a young Mrs Muir walks into the clouds with the Captain, A very moving movie and well worth watching I would recommend it to anyone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112504343140530/k2311a0425/4.25.08