Head Over Heels (song, Tears for Fears)
  • More than 20 years later, this song still remains to be a favorite of mine
  • I wanted to be with you alone----and talk about the weather Roland Orzabal croons in the opening line
  • But I will admit that to this day, I'm unsure about what that line means

• by Famous

Tears for Fears is one of the biggest 1980’s acts of all time. This duo had so many hits. But many of them are very obscure.

(How’s that for an oxymoron?) The biggest hit of theirs to date has to be “Head Over Heels. ” More than 20 years later, this song still remains to be a favorite of mine.

The piano intro is so poignant that it’s almost scary. And the way the percussion kicks in, is pure nostalgia.

” I wanted to be with you alone—-and talk about the weather” Roland Orzabal croons in the opening line. It’s such a tender line.

And the rest of the song just follows in this this really haunting way. I suppose that ...

• is why the musical director for the film, “Donnie Darko” (2001) felt that this song was completely appropriate for the scene in which the students are shown in a moving montage of sorts.

This was perhaps the one scene in a film that made me feel so nostalgic about this band that I had to go out and purchase the compilation of their greatest hits.

I looked this song up on wikipedia just for my own amusement.

And there is a description that says the song goes “perverse” toward the end. I am wondering whether they are referring to the four-leafed clover part.

If so, I would have to agree. But I will admit that to this day, I’m unsure about what that line means.

Classic song though

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 142504343070530/k2311a0425/4.25.08