Katie Holmes (actress)  » People  »
  • I must also say that I miss the Katie Holmes that I thought she was going to become
  • I can't say that I agree with the principle of becoming someone else simply because you happen to be married to a celebrity legend
  • In any event, I think that she should try to tackle some meatier roles

• by Famous

You may think you think you know where Hollywood is going to lead certain people. But I can honestly say that I never in a million years would have imagined that Katie Holmes would one day be Mrs. Tom Cruise.

I’m not saying this is a major achievement. But to the rest of the world it obviously is.

I must also

say that I miss the Katie Holmes that I thought she was going to become. No longer the fresh-faced ingénue from hit WB show “Dawson’s Creek”, she is now a mature-looking couture laden Hollywood princess all because of who she married.

I can’t say that I agree with the principle of “becoming someone else” simply because you happen to be married to a celebrity “legend. ” ...

• I will say that I like the fact that she has carried herself with quite a bit of class.

And the young woman that she’s turned out to be isn’t necessarily bad. She has an old-world style that really befits her.

But I am wondering how much personality is behind it. As far as her acting goes, there leaves much to be

desired.

I have never seen her in a role that didn’t require quite a bit of angst. I don’t count “The Ice Storm” where she played Libbitz because she was simply a love object to be adored from afar.

In any event, I think that she should try to tackle some meatier roles. But first I think she needs more training, and perhaps an acting coach.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 522504342920530/k2311a0425/4.25.08