Shiraz Wine (Trader Joe’s)  » Food  »
2.5
  • I have heard that these wines were priced this way because the makers didn't believe that good wine should cost a lot of money
  • Either way, I think I could have done better with another type of red wine

• by Famous

I really have no idea about where different wines come from. For years I would order Chardonnay, simply because I liked the light refreshing taste. Then I ventured out to explore red wines, like Chianti and merlot.

But when I ran across the Shiraz wine at Kroger, I was intrigued. This wine was created by Trader Joe’s and sells very very cheaply at the grocery store.

I have heard that these wines were priced this

way because the makers didn’t believe that good wine should cost a lot of money. I don’t know all about that.

But I did a little research and found out that Shiraz is actually a type of grape. Again, this kind of information is lost on me.

And as a matter of fact, so is the taste of this wine. I can’t call it fruity.

And it’s not exactly super dry. But the taste is ...

• slightly bitter.

I am wondering what type of meal would best accompany something like this. I have had it chilled, which takes a bit of the edge off.

And I have also had it at room temperature, which is how I really prefer to drink my wine anyway. Either way, I think I could have done better with another type of red wine.

I would imagine that cooking with this wine

would be good. I would think that it would be great in some kind of beef burgundy recipe, where the tartness would serve the dish well.

In any case, I am not sure whether I will buy this type of wine again (from Trader Joe’s that is. ) Maybe it’s because it was so cheap that I’m not really digging it.

But I have the feeling it’s just the type of grape that’s not sitting too well with me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272504342910530/k2311a0425/4.25.08