“Pale Shelter (song, Tears for Fears)
  • Honestly, what I think I really like about this song is the tempo and the pacing

• by Famous

You don’t have to be a child of the 80’s to know that there is tons of music out there from this decade that is simply marvelous. Out of the 80’s came a group called Tears for Fears.

Much of their music has been sampled in the 90’s and 00’s.

While not one of my

favorites, their song “Pale Shelter” has grown on me as I have a compilation of their greatest hits.

The song appears to be about a man who is finding a cold spot in his romance.

He relents about the indifferent treatment that he’s receiving and likens it to “pale shelter”, which I find to be the ...

• perfect metaphor for what he’s feeling.

In any event, the music itself has a rustic flavor, but encompasses all the instrumentation that was popular in the 80’s, minus all the cheesy synthesizer sounds.

Honestly, what I think I really like about this song is the tempo and the pacing.

Despite the “active” nature, it’s

really quite hypnotic.

And the guitar work on the song blends very well into the meat of the tune.

Towards the end, the repeated lyrics “you don’t give me love ” is what makes the song feel so hypnotic without being redundant.

I’m actually glad that I have discovered this tune, as I’d never heard it before.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 142504342890530/k2311a0425/4.25.08