Golden Corral Restaurant Columbia MO
2.0
I 70 and Clark Lane - Columbia, Missouri
  • Initially, when the restaurant opened we really enjoyed the food
  • I enjoy food that is well prepared, not undercooked or overcooked
  • Perhaps it's the cost associated with obtaining whole catfish that prompted the company to change

• by Cheryl Miller

My family and I often dine out. We probably dine out at least 2 - 3 times per week. We enjoy Restaurant that are buffet style. This helps our pocketbook out a lot. Our frequent place of business is the Golden Corral located on Clark Lane, off of Interstate 70 and Highway 63 interchange in Columbia, Missouri.

The restaurant is open seven days a week. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. We go there not necessarily because of the food, but because it is one of the least places in Columbia where you can get buffet food that isn’t primarily Chinese. Initially, when the restaurant opened we really enjoyed the food. However, during the

last year, the quality of the food has declined tremendously. I enjoy food that is well prepared, not undercooked or overcooked. It appears that the cooks there doing too much of one of the other. Also, I have to mention that when I have approached the cooks on the grills who are cooking at that time, they do not appear to be happy to serve their customers. One cook I remembered hardly gave me any eye contact at all when I asked if I could have my steak cooked medium well. He cooked it well done, and I mean well done to the point where it was so tough I could hardly eat it.

• Also, I used to enjoy the catfish there. They used to serve the whole catfish, but now they only serve the catfish nuggets. Perhaps it’s the cost associated with obtaining whole catfish that prompted the company to change. It would be nice, however, to see some whole catfish once in a while.

The lines are so long there. No matter what time of day I have went there, there are always long lines of people. But, just as I stated, this is about the only restaurant in town that serves buffet food that is not Chinese.

Customer service is mediocre. Sometimes we get good waitresses, sometimes we don’t. I enjoy a waitress who knows how to

time to come to her customers to ask for refill on drinks, more plates, silverware, etc. We get 1 good waitress I would say out of every 10 visits. Also, this place could improve the cleanliness of its facility. The ladies’ bathroom is horrible. On nearly every visit, I have seen toilet paper on floor by the sinks and stalls. Mirrors dirty. Also the general public area is not always that clean. It could be that they are short staffed and with so many visitors coming in the staff there just doesn’t have the time to clean it up.

I will probably continue to visit this facility. And that is because there is no other place to go.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72404342430830/k2311a0424/4.24.08