Toshiba Laptop Equium
  • However, on a new machine this is not a problem
  • When I found this laptop for just over £300 I could not believe my luck
  • I am very happy with what I consider to be my latest bargain

• by Ellen W

Buying this laptop was like being given a new lease of life. I have been chained to the PC in the lounge for all my days of using the Internet. With the Wi Fi enabled I am now able to sit in my comfy chair or any room in the house. I can’t wait for the warmer summer days when I shall be sat in the garden soaking up the sun as I work. It was so easy to connect to the Internet.

My live box has a code on it that I simply entered when prompted and that was that, not even the need to install my Internet provider’s software. It comes

equipped with Windows Vista, Home Premium. I was very wary when this first came out as people were saying that is not compatible with lots of your old programmes. However, on a new machine this is not a problem.

I don’t need to install my old camera software or printer software. The Equiem can produce the same results without it. I travel a lot and it is so useful to take my laptop with me. I can log on to the Internet easily and it is as simple as working from home.

I don’t have to queue up with the family to use the home computer. In fact, the family are keen to

have a go at mine. The grandchildren like the idea of going off into another room and the little ones enjoy the games. They have also taken to using it as a portable DVD player, as I have done.

The special offer with this machine was a free extra battery. All I had to do was write to Toshiba quoting my serial number and the new extra battery was delivered to me. I have always thought the Toshiba name means quality. When I found this laptop for just over £300 I could not believe my luck.

I now realize that the price reflects the fact that this laptop does not come with lots ...

• Toshiba Laptop Equium
      of pre-installed programs. This I have found to be a bonus as what I have paid for is a top quality laptop with the basic requirements installed, plus a free battery. I have been using it for four months now and not found that I require anything to be added. I can use the Internet in exactly the same way that I use it on my desk top.

I can transfer my photographs from my camera, organize them and transfer them to CD or DVD, the photo gallery is very easy to use. There is also a movie maker and a media center. I can write letters and connect (wirelessly) to my

printer. Toshiba on line is easily accessible.

I do realize that this is a sales pitch but at the same time it is good to be able to look and see what is recommended should I wish to add anything to my lap top. I was able to register and activate my guarantee on line and there is always help available, happily I have not tried this so far. I had three months Norton virus protection and there is the usual Windows security. The keyboard is plain and uncluttered, very comfortable to use.

The screen is 15. 4″. Audio and visual quality is superb. I am very happy with what I consider to be my latest bargain.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 632404342420830/k2311a0424/4.24.08