Fun with Dick and Jane  » Movies  »
  • I think that he was simply great in his role

• by janet

I must admit that I am not a great fan of Jim Carrey’s movie. I don’t enjoy watching some two hour movie with a guy trying to make a series of funny faces, however in this movie Jim Carrey managed to tone down this image and gave an excellent interpretation of Dick Harper.

What I also find strange is the

match of Jim Carrey and Tea Leoni. Carrey is very much linked with comedy while Tea has done different types of movies from romantic to dramantic. Her involvment in a comic movie with a difference is a breath of fresh air. I also must admit that, although the Carrey-Leoni couple is a very unlikely couple, but together they rock!

“Fun ...

• with Dick and Jane” is about a couple who leads a normal life till when Dick (Carrey) ends up without a job. He assures his wife Jane (Leoni) that he will find a job in no time, however things turned out differently. They try to keep up a brave face as their financial situation starts to get from bad
        to worst. Finally they end up having no choose but to commit an armed robbery.

I must also say that I liked a lot the actor, Alec Baldwin in his supporting role of Jake McCallister. I think that he was simply great in his role.

Be warned that “Fun with Dick and Jane” is going to make your face ache with laughter!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112404342200830/k2311a0424/4.24.08