The Great Wall of China  » Travel  »
Main entrance near Beijing China
  • When we arrived there, I just thought wow this thing is huge, it was larger than I thought, when I thought of it in my mind I thought of it just as a small but long wall, now I think of it as a large and long wall
  • I decided to walk up the wall on a steamy hot Chinese day
  • The only drawback with this experience was the amount of tourists there, I'm telling you, it was really packed which makes it difficult to walk up the wall and get to places faster
  • I highly recommend you visit the Great Wall of China

• by Carl Unger

One of the things that make China famous is of course the Great Wall of China. It is one of the most famous man made achievements in the world, it holds the record of being the only man made structure which can be seen from space.

When I went to the Great Wall of China, it was a fairly long bus ride to get there, though the

scenery on the way to the Great Wall was great to see.

When we arrived there, I just thought “wow” this thing is huge, it was larger than I thought, when I thought of it in my mind I thought of it just as a small but long wall, now I think of it as a large and long wall. Fantastic.

I decided to walk up the wall ...

• on a steamy hot Chinese day. It was really hard to do that especially because it was really steep but it was well worth it, the views were great and just walking someting so famous and historic was spectacular.

The only drawback with this experience was the amount of tourists there, I’m telling you, it was really packed which makes it difficult to walk up the wall

and get to places faster. It kind of ruins the experience when you have hundreds or thousands of people climbing up the wall at the same time.

Conclusion: A must see when you go to China, I can’t imagine that anyone would go to China and not visit the Great Wall, especially since it is just outside Beijing. I highly recommend you visit the Great Wall of China.

The Great Wall of China

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382404342100830/k2311a0424/4.24.08