The Day Of The Jackal by Frederick Forsyth
  • My previous book, The Fist Of God was a stunner so I decided to sample more of his works
  • This sort of semi-unresolved ending is one which I prefer over happy endings

• by Ivan

This is the second book written by Frederick Forsyth that I read. My previous book, The Fist Of God was a stunner so I decided to sample more of his works. Turns out, this book is equally, if not more colourful than my previous reading.

The story is basically about an

assasin sent to, what else, assassinate the French president du Gaulle by the OAS, a rebel movement. This is the main plot which is supplemented by many sub-plots that materialize as the story goes on.

In usual Forsyth style, he used a real historical event as the setting of this story. This ...

• style is one which I find appealing as it seems that the author is suggesting a conspiracy is under way. By combining known facts with his own fiction he is able to tell the story as if it was really real as the outcome of the story is exactly the same as reality.

I rate this book better than the last because this one had elements such as love, ideology and mystery, things that The Fist Of God lacked. The name of the assassin is not revealed throughout the entire story, so it just left me wandering. This sort of semi-unresolved ending is one which I prefer over happy endings.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172304341880130/k2311a0423/4.23.08