Virgin Mobile Phone Service
  • You aren't chained to this company like I was to T-Mobile and other carriers before my experience with Virgin Mobile

• by TeeRee

Virgin Mobile USA offers both pay-as-you-go and monthly cell phone services with no contract.

Several years ago, I started using Virgin Mobile Pay as you go service. I then switched to T-Mobile for a year. I am now back with Virgin Mobile using their monthly service plan.

I have been very pleased with their service. They run on the Sprint network, so the coverage is good. And talk about easy. This is a true no-hassle service. It is very simple to

set up your phone and service online or via the phone. And you are never bound to a plan…you can switch plans whenever you need to. It is also very easy to change phones when you want to upgrade.

The prepaid/pay as you go service is best for someone who doesn’t use their cell phone much or has inconsistent usage. You can purchase a “top-up” card to pay for your service, or you can go to the virgin mobile website to add time to your account.

• And Virgin Mobile gives you a full 90 days to use that time. But what is best is that it is not a “use it or lose it” deal. Your minutes will roll into your next 90 days as long as you purchase more time before your 90 days is up.

Their monthly plans work like any other company’s plans…except NO CONTRACT!! You aren’t chained to this company like I was to T-Mobile and other carriers before my experience with Virgin Mobile. And

you know how your bill with the big name carriers always end up being much higher than your original service plan? Not the case with Virgin Mobile. All you pay for is the service you want and tax. No hidden charges!

The downside to Virgin Mobile is the phone selection. It is not as enticing as the big name carriers.

If you are a parent, Virgin Mobile is an excellent choice for a teens first cell phone.

Overall, I recommend Virgin Mobile. Its a great deal!

Brenda Desrochers says :

I am going out of Canada for an extended period of time and will not be taking my cell phone with me…I am on a pay-as-you-go plan…do I need to do anything else where no additional charges will be accured….I would like to use my phone again apon my return to Canada and to keep the same number. 250-682-7710…please advise….Thank-you. Regards…Brenda

ReadingBug says :

If you’re not taking your Virgin Mobile phone with you, then you should have nothing to worry about in terms of extra charges. You’re on a pay as you go plan, I would highly recommend that you make sure your phone bill is paid before you leave and thereafter which you can do from your phone, online at the Virgin Mobile website, or by calling customer service. Because if your phone bill is not paid they will terminate your phone services, and you will lose your number.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 222304341870130/k2311a0423/4.23.08