God Don’t Like Ugly by Mary Monroe  » Books  »
  • I think, in my own opinion, that this book was written for meek little women who don't have a high opinion of themselves and need a little guidance
  • I enjoyed reading this book, and I enjoyed reading the sequel to this book also
  • There aren't many book out there that I know of that help young women survive through most things that require a lot of struggle
  • This book is definitely one of those books

• by Carrie Ann McMillian

God Don’t Like Ugly by Mary Monroe is a novel about self-esteem and friendship. A young girl growing up by the name of Amnette Goode thinks that she is unattractive and overweight.

She is daily abused by the boarder that her mother let live inside their home.

She is depressed so she

uses food and books as her escape.

She meets this beautiful slim young woman who takes her under her wings and helps her grow through adolescence.

The two girls grow together until the new friend makes a stunning confessions.

This book is about morals and self-esteem and loving yourself from within.

I ...

• like this book.

I think, in my own opinion, that this book was written for meek little women who don’t have a high opinion of themselves and need a little guidance.

I enjoyed reading this book, and I enjoyed reading the sequel to this book also.

There aren’t many book out there

that I know of that help young women survive through most things that require a lot of struggle.

This book is definitely one of those books.

I would like to ask Ms.

Monroe to continue writing books a lot like this one and its sequel because I do know plenty of females who need the encouragement.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172304341461230/k2311a0423/4.23.08